Friday, October 10, 2008

Only in a small town in southern Indiana....

....can you strike up a conversation with a complete stranger and compare deer stats, location, and vehicle damage in the grocery store parking lot! ROFL!!!

Yep, that's what happened tonite! I was walking out to my car, when an older couple got out of their van that was parked directly in front of my car. The gentleman says "Hit a deer, didya? Me, too" and points to the front of his van. Then, it just went on to compare how big the deer were (mine was waaaaaaay bigger than his, btw! He compared his to running over a dog, mine was like hitting a brick wall at 60 mph!), on what stretch of road (his near Loogootee, mine on Celestine highway) and how much damage (his not bad, not good, but not bad, mine is $5000 worth of damage). After I got in my car and drove off, I just couldn't help but chuckle.

I don't have pics of my car with my camera yet, but when I do, I'll post them. Heck, you know me, I'll probably end up scrapping it! It was, after all, my first deer hit (technically....I did graze the back legs of a deer one night, but it didn't do any damage to my car)! Steve got pics of the car and the dead deer on the side of the road with his cell phone. We're so morbid.

Oh, and tonite at the Pumpkin Patch Bash, someone just completely and totally made my day. I won't call her out on my blog, just in case she doesn't want to be, but "J", thank you so much! You are so wonderfully kind to say the things you said. That is one of the reasons I do this....if I can just inspire one person out there, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! ;)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin