Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Altered Binder Clip

The other day Micah asked me to decorate a clothespin for her to take to school.  Something to do with a chart and thru the week they move their clothespin around.  So, I did.  And it turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!  Did I get a picture of it, NO!  Didn't even occur to me.  So, you have to trust me when I say it was cute!  Well, anyway, that planted seeds into my other 2 girls' heads.  Mara has a giant binder clip she wanted me to fancy up and McKenna wanted a magnet to put in her locker at school with Hello Kitty on it and to make sure HK had a purple bow.  Sure!  

First thing I did was Mara's binder clip.  Dug out some old pattern paper, slapped it on with Crystal Effects and then some sparkly Mod Podge and some old rub ons from my stash and another layer of sparkly Mod Podge.  After it was dry I put some retired SU ribbon on it and made a cute little bow.  Mara loved it!


TFL!  Check back tomorrow for the Hello Kitty locker magnet!


1 comment:

Margaret said...

So cute! I saw a pic once where they used these as photo holders and then I forgot about the idea! Thanks for reminding me!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin