Thursday, September 27, 2012

2 posts in one day!

Hold on to your hats, folks!  2 posts in one day for me so isn't the norm, I know!  But, I was in need of some inspiration tonite and stumbled upon a design team call for a sketch blog called Sketches In Thyme.  I liked the sketches on the site, so I thought I'd give the design team a try. 

Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on the sketch:


One of my huge-est pet peeves is the so called "duck face".  My girls totally know this and they know if they dare make it, I refuse to take their picture.  So, they were dying to do a duck face picture....so I let them....just.this.once.

I created this using Amy Teets digi kit called "Made With Love".  Everything on here is from that kit (except the fonts)!  It can be found at A Cherry On Top!

And, if you decide you'd like to try for the Sketches in Thyme DT call, you can go here to read all about it!  You must have an active blog and be on facebook, create a layout using the sketch I used above, blog about it and then link your blog post back on their site.  Comment that you'd like to be considered and leave your your email address in the comment section on the SiT blog.  And that's it!  Wish me luck! :)

TFL! 


3 comments:

tiffany said...

this is so much fun, that duck face drives me crazy too- but great that you documented it just once!! Thanks for entering our DT call at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Unknown said...

Cute layout! I'm trying out for the team too. That sketch was a great one to work with wasn't it? Best of luck!

Margaret said...

LOL! I had just showed Catie a picture of someone on FB with the 'duck face' and commented about how silly it was and then I see your blog!! I really do not understand the popularity of this pose... But your layout is fantastic! LOVE those buttons!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin