Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sprint triathlon training...

...has officially started! I can now say this without laughing as much as I used to a couple months ago! I'm committed, evenl though Hillory says we need to actually sign up for one to be 100% committed. We have two in mind...one in June in Illinois and one in September in Indy.

Steve and I started our running training last night. We ran/walked for 1.5 miles and rode our bike 1.75. On Sunday me, Steve, Alex, Jeremy and Hillory rode our bikes (yes, in 32 degree weather!). Hillory and I got about 15 miles in whereas the boys got a couple more miles in. But, there were some major killer hills!! My thighs are still feeling it today. Tomorrow, Steve and I are going to run at the high school track and then head on into the high school for open swim for some laps. The only thing I'm worried about is that it's supposed to get downright FRIGID this week! There's always my treadmill, I guess....

My friend, Myra, said she'd be ready for some 5K's starting in like May. Depending on how my running is going by then, I told her I'd run some with her. Thank goodness for my friend, Darla, too! She's my long distance motivator over in Illinois!

All I can say is....if I'm excercising this much, I better lose a little weight somewhere along the line!!!!

3 comments:

Amy S said...

good for you Kelly-- I need to - need someone to motivate me....

Anonymous said...

You go girl! What finally gave you the motivation to do it? I'm back to WW, but can't get into the excercise thing just yet.

Deniel Hopkins said...

you just rock girl!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin