Tuesday, June 03, 2008

An MRI for McKenna *update* {w/results}

On Memorial Day, just a little over a week ago, McKenna had her second "migraine" (first episode was back in February). I have no idea what to call it, so migraine it is, for lack of a better word and the lack of MD behind my name! I made a doctor's appt for her, which she had today. Her pediatrician seems to think she's having pediatric migraines, but just to make sure nothing else is going on inside that extremely intelligent little head of hers, she's scheduled for an MRI next Monday. So, wish us luck and a quick little prayer, if you get a chance.

*****update***** {sort of}

She did wonderful! Although at first she was pretty scared. I held her hands thru the whole thing and she about clawed the skin off my hands until about half way thru, when she realized what a piece of cake it was, and getting to listen to her Miley Cyrus cd helped, too. We didn't have to do any pictures over again, so she was done in like 20 minutes. We already had a trip to WalMart bargained (for a drink and wet Strawberry Shortcake doll) and I ended up having to negotiate a trip to Dairy Queen, as well. Yeah, that was a rough deal to make! ;) I had to work today (Tuesday) and while I was working, the doctor's office called the house to tell me the results. By the time I got home and checked messages and called the office back, they were already closed. So, I have to wait until tomorrow to call and get results. I'll post tomorrow.....

***update*** {w/results}

Results are in....McKenna is just fine and dandy. Nothing wrong with her brain at all, thank goodness. Actually, the report read "unremarkable" and when I told Steve that, he replied "I tend to disagree with that...there's nothing unremarkable about McKenna!" LOL! It did show some incidental sinus mucosal thickening. The doctor said to get some Claritin OTC and give that to her everyday. Well, I have to disagree with that....she shows no signs of sinus problems, so we're going to skip giving her medicine everyday for no reason. So, anyway, bad part about this is that it is just pediatric migraines. Totally sucks that she's going to have to learn at such an early age how to deal with migraines. Thank you everyone who kept McKenna in their thoughts and prayers!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope everything turns out fine. Poor little McKenna!!!! I will be doing my prayers for her and your family!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I hope you get some answers. I know first hand how horrible migraines are!

Laura Vigliarolo said...

everything will be fine.

Brandy said...

I hope it is just a phase because migraines suck. And I say that never having had them until high school. Good wishes coming your way...

Nicole said...

Well, how did it go? I have been praying!

Unknown said...

I need an update!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin