Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wanna see what Steve brought home?


This is what Steve inadvertantly brought home with him from white water rafting in Gatlinburg, TN (yes, we now know that parts of Tennessee have scorpions!). Last week, I was getting the girls' swim bags ready and threw the bags on the kitchen counter. After packing their towels, suits, etc., I pulled the bags off the counter and this is what I saw!!! Holy crap!!! I was stunned! I've never seen one up close and personal. Gave me the major heebie jeebies. I'm DEATHLY afraid of spiders, we're talkin' major arachnophobe, here. Evidently, my arachnophobia extends into this species of arachnids as well! I thought I was going to throw up. And the thought that it could've stung one of the girls made me even more sick. I keep praying that he didn't bring any little buddies along with him! LOL!
Ok, you all are asking what the heck I did when I saw this....to answer your question, I dropped the swim bags and backed away from the counter and just stared at it, thinking OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG until Steve got home (he had ran to the gas station to get a gallon of milk). As soon as he walked in the door I said "What the hell is that?" He told me what I already knew, but I just wanted a second opinion! ROFL! Anyway, he took a flyswatter and pushed at it and it still had some life in it and then he beat it with the flyswatter. Then, he put it in a baggie to take to work to show someone he works with to ask him about it. As far as I know, I think it's still in Steve's computer bag!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would have peed my pants. WTH did you do?

Laura Vigliarolo said...

I never would have thought they would have been in the mountains, always thought they liked the desert. Deffinately would rather have Susan's 12 toads than that.

Nicole said...

So, did ya smash it or did you put it in an aquarium to enjoy each and every day, hee hee hee???

Unknown said...

This thing is HUGE!!!!! What the he** was Steve talking about???? This bugger is not small at all!!! I would have freaked out too when I saw it and knowing (from living in Texas) that these things are not something you want to mess with!!!

shannon said...

omg, ewwww!!! i would have died. or beat the crap out of it! glad no one was stung!

Carmen said...

that is just crazy!! I would have freaked out! Zack likes looking at the pic though. go figure.

Carmen

Kache said...

oh hell no

Blog Widget by LinkWithin