Sunday, August 03, 2008

WooHoo and travelling snafus.....

What an awesome coming home surprise!! I just got back from Salt Lake City, UT from the ginormous SU convention way early this morning, complete with snafus, which I will embellish on in a bit. Anyhoo, I'm finally sitting down at 11pm tonite to check my email when I find several emails from Noella at Creatively Yours (sketch blog). I'm finding an email for the design team contract, a new sketch to work on and DT blinkies! Checked out the site and I was named a DT member for this fabulous sketch blog!! WooHoo!!! I'm so super duper excited!! Thanks, Noella!!!

Ok, convention was AMAZING. Some of the accomplishments of the demonstrators there is awe-inspiring. I don't see how they do it. It did get me pumped up to try and work my business a little more. I'm not setting any lofty goals for myself, but I'll be happy with whatever I do, as long as I'm loving what I'm doing and not stressing myself out. I don't have any pictures of convention, as Tiffany was the photographer (of course!). I'll have to wait until I get a CD from her or she uploads them to Kodak Gallery to post some pics. Lots of fun stories, but some of them have to wait and some just need pics in order to appreciate! LOL! I did get my picture taken with Shelli, though! There were 6,000 demonstrators there and talk about a flippin' mad house. I was glad to be home and not have to fight thru crowds anymore! We bought some great goodies at Memento Mall and I had some neat-o swaps that I had to ship home because I didn't have enough room to take them back with me on the plane!! That package should be here sometime this week, so as soon as it comes in I'll be taking pictures and posting on here.

Snafus....well, Tiffany accidently shipped her keys in her bag back home she used as a carry-on while flying with some swap stuff and other purchases, but didn't realize this until we had come off the plane in Louisville. Ooops!! Well, yeah, we were a bit upset, but, hey, stuff like that happens. So, she thought, maybe, possibly, they were in her luggage (it was a stretch, but we were keeping our fingers crossed). So, we go to the baggage claim and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for our luggage. Yep, no luggage for either one of us, plus like 4 other people on our flight. Oh, by this time I was a cussin' (just ask Steve, he got the brunt of it when I called him {at midnight by this time} to vent). So, we had to rent a car to get back home. Finally made it home at 2am. But, Tiffany and her hubby still can't find the extra keys to the truck, so there the truck sits in long term parking at the airport until UPS delivers our packages from convention......

Oh, and how can I forget my big accomplishment?! I rode 20 miles on my bike today!! Steve and I rode in the bike ride for Strassenfest and I made it to the end without suffering from a heart attack! LOL! I did have to walk up some hills, but I finished!!!

That's all for now, folks. It's late and I'm going to bed. But, go check out what the DT did at Bring Your Own Memories for the August kit! This kit is phenomenal!! Hopefully I'll be getting to play with the kit very soon and I'll post my creations!!! And, don't forget about checking out the gorgeous sketches at Creatively Yours, too!!

5 comments:

Monica said...

Yay! congrats on the DT and riding the bike. that's so funny about the keys!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't sure she would make it the whole way. She was dying 2 miles into it. I was even thinking of alternate routes to send he back on. (Even thought about having to go back and get the truck and come back and get her. But I didn't want to mention that out loud lest she take me up on it.) But she was a trooper and made it the entire way. Even if she was cussing at me at times like when she was in labor.

Steven

Anonymous said...

OMG! I feel so bad. You guys were no where in sight when we got off the plane. We even looked for you in baggage claim. I wish I knew; we could have at least got you to the Jasper exit.

Unknown said...

Oh gee thanks Kel!!!!! I was kind of going to keep this little bit of info under my hat!!!!!LOL!!!!(just kidding-I am laughing right along with everyone else!!!).

It never even dawned on me that we could have gotten a ride back with Ann and Dolly. Wish we would have run into them at baggage claim!!

Well congrats on riding your bike ALL THAT WAY and not dying on us!!!! I am really proud of you because I know I couldn't do it!!!

Kache said...

YAY on the DT and bike ride (great accomplishment!)

That sucks about the keys. I would have been right beside you swearing my ass off :)

Where'd you get the accoustic version of the Jason Mraz song? Love it...bending over backwords just to see it clearer...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin