Saturday, March 07, 2009

5th Avenue Floral







Some cards I whipped up at the crop last weekend. I'd been dying to try out this beautiful set, 5th Avenue Floral, and to work with some Bold Brights (that I'm so scared to use!). I have a scrub top that I wear to work that has these colors in...Glorious Green, Only Orange, YoYo Yellow, Lovely Lilac and Pink Passion. Once I stamped the first one, I was underwhelmed, so I switched it up. I consulted the Color Coach and went with Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion, Brilliant Blue, Green Galore and Gable Green instead. I have to say, I like it better. I liked the cards alot better after I cut out and pop dotted the one pink flowers. I also added some Dazzling Diamonds to the flower middles, which I like, too. The top card I changed it up quite a bit and used the Eyelet border punch and this one was definitely my favorite one! I gave it to my good friend, Nicole, for her birthday! I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it (since I made it and gave it to her at the crop), so I "stole" the pic she posted of it from her blog!! LOL!! Hope you don't mind, Nicole! :) Which, btw, your photo of it looks alot better than mine...how do you photograph your cards?

TFL!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

YO! Hey girl! I prop the card on a white 12x12 bazzill cardstock and prop up another in behind it. I take the picture in front of my kitchen window when it is bright outside, without a flash. Then crop it in Picassa3 software, which is free through yahoo. WHen you don't use a flash, you can see the images that are popdotted better because you can see shadows and stuff. Hope that helps!

Emily said...

These are all so pretty!! Love the bright summery colors! The popped up flowers look great! These are so cheeful! BTW, happy blogoversary!

Emily said...

Meant to say cheerful! =)

Liz Goldhawk said...

Great job with this set... I love the bright colour combo! I think the top one's my fave...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin